Obesity is the excessive accumulation of fat in the body to the extent that it impairs health. Excessive and wrong eating habits, hormonal factors, sedentary lifestyle, genetic transition can cause obesity. Obesity is a disease that needs to be treated. Because untreated obesity; It causes many health problems such as diabetes, heart diseases, cancer, infertility, infertility and joint disorders. Obesity surgery, also known as bariatric surgery, is recommended for patients with a body mass index of 40 and above (morbidly obese) or a body mass index of over 35 and who cannot lose weight with methods such as medical nutrition, exercise, and medical treatment under the supervision of a specialist.
Bariatric surgery is indicated as the only effective method for maintaining weight loss in patients with a body mass index of 35 and above or morbidly obese patients over 40. However, those who have a body mass index over 35 and have concomitant diseases, namely; Obesity surgery can be applied for patients receiving cardiovascular diseases and diabetes treatment, if they cannot get rid of adipose tissue.
Who can undergo bariatric surgery? Who is obesity surgery suitable for?
Bariatric surgery may be a good option in the following cases:
- People with a body mass index between 35-40 and those with obesity-related diseases such as cardiovascular diseases, Type 2 diabetes, infertility, NAFLD, steatohepatitis (NASH), hypertension, sleep apnea
- Patients with a body mass index over 40
- Patients who cannot lose weight with methods such as medical nutrition, exercise and medical treatment under the supervision of a one-year expert
- People who are not heavily addicted to alcohol or drugs
- People who do not have a health condition that prevents surgery
- People with full understanding and adaptability who can coordinate with the medical team after the surgical procedure.
Obesity Surgery Methods
You can contact us to learn about the content of treatments related to Obesity Surgery methods and to get information.